Empty 7-8g tank - ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an empty tank which I would like to stock. I have 3 'ideas' so far. A single dwarf puffer, a single male betta, or a nano community tank. All I need to purchase is a new heater for it. I have access to substrate and plants from my other tanks (40g cold water tank, and 66g tropical community tank).
Ideas anyone? Pros/cons/considerations? If I went the nano tank route what could I keep in there? I really like the look of the spotted blue eye rainbow fish (I think that's what they are called?!)

I'd get a school of tetras. You could get a school of albino pristella tetras :) get like 7-8 of them.

I just have to say I love my DP and would recommend one:) A little extra work, but well worth it, IMO.

I also love myself a nano community too. If you can find those rainbows (Pseudomugil gertrudae) I'd do those. There are also sparkling gouramis, chili rasboras, scarlet badis, clown killies, least killies (if you can find them, plus they don't need a heater!), shrimp are pretty amazing, CPOs, wild bettas (there is a guy in the UK on AB that is selling a bunch of different ones), um... The list goes on and on!

Is there a certain look that you like? Color? Region? There are soooo many different nanos out there. Also, welcome to the nano side;)

I'd get a school of tetras. You could get a school of albino pristella tetras :) get like 7-8 of them.

I just have to say I love my DP and would recommend one:) A little extra work, but well worth it, IMO.

I also love myself a nano community too. If you can find those rainbows (Pseudomugil gertrudae) I'd do those. There are also sparkling gouramis, chili rasboras, scarlet badis, clown killies, least killies (if you can find them, plus they don't need a heater!), shrimp are pretty amazing, CPOs, wild bettas (there is a guy in the UK on AB that is selling a bunch of different ones), um... The list goes on and on!

Is there a certain look that you like? Color? Region? There are soooo many different nanos out there. Also, welcome to the nano side;)

Thank you both! Those pristella tetras are gorgeous!

AquaKai, excellent suggestions. When you say AB you mean aquabid? If yes, I didn't know that was available in UK so will definitely check that out. I think that would open the doors for finding the right fish, rather than settling for whatever the LFS stocks! I'm really unsure as to what I want. All I know is that I have an empty tank and its a pity to waste an opportunity to get more fish! I'm maybe swinging ever so slightly more in favour of a DP or *super-nice* betta male (not your usual reds/blues at LFS). I shall have a gander!

Yup, AB=AquaBid. They have it for the UK, just don't click on one with a little US flag;) I know there are tons of options out there that many never know about. That's why I love little nano tanks. Such opportunities. Also, once you look at the bettas on AB you'll fall in love with at least one! There's a really nice HMPK blue orang one on there that I've been eyeing for a month or so... But I've just never gotten around to getting him:whistle:. Good luck trying to figure out what you want now!

Back
Top Bottom