endlers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike47517

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey everyone. i just bought a 1 gallon fish tank. i know its a little small but it was too good to say no. it came with the following:

90 day garenty
fish food
air stone (under gravel filter) with pump
tank
gravels
fake plants
top including light
all for 10 dollars.

well i was wondering if i could keep a couple endlers in there? how many? if not endlers what fish can i keep in there? thanks.

You are going to be squeezing it in there whatever it is. I have put a betta in a 2.5g w/ a sponge filter though. He seemed to do alright. A few neons maybe. Possibly a very small shrimp colony.

I wouldn't put any fish in a 1 gallon tank. You could keep a couple plants, though. Were you able to procure a test kit while at the store?

i agree with that.... 1 gal just too small.... maybe a snail or a couple shrimp.

Fry=fish so no I wouldn't put fry in a 1 gal.

Such a small tank is difficult to keep at a constant temp. Water changes would have to be 95% 2 or 3 times a week. No fish is going to be any happier in a 1 gal than it would be in a tiny cup.

What is the store's price? I can get it for 25 shipped from the good doctors. If its a close price, you won't have to wait though. However, if you pick up a couple other small(sized) things, it'd be worth it IMO. Just depends on what you need, how soon you need it, and how much cash you have to spend I guess.

the thing with fry is they are sensitive. the bigger the tank the more stable it is the faster they will grow.

the thing with fry is they are sensitive. the bigger the tank the more stable it is the faster they will grow.

Excellent point. I disagree with the popular distribution of tanks < 10 gallons. They have their place, but you should have to do some searching to find them. This way we can kind of ensure that the owners of the small tanks have a better idea of what they are doing.

Back
Top Bottom