Enough Oxygen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am just about ready to order everything I need for my tank either today or tommorrow. I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank and I am getting an Aquaclear 70 filter. I am considering PFS as my substrate but want to make sure I provide enough oxygen to the fish. So I guess my real question is do I need to bother worrying about doing air stones or will the filter flow break the surface enough to take care of it?

Ryan_waite said:
I am just about ready to order everything I need for my tank either today or tommorrow. I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank and I am getting an Aquaclear 70 filter. I am considering PFS as my substrate but want to make sure I provide enough oxygen to the fish. So I guess my real question is do I need to bother worrying about doing air stones or will the filter flow break the surface enough to take care of it?

IMO an AC70 on a 36g will provide more than enough surface agitation. Good choice on the PFS, I like how it works in my tank and can't wait to change over another to it.

Awesome thanks for your help. I have heard lots of good things about pfs. Thought I would give it a shot especially since its cheaper then gravel. What brand did you use?

Ryan_waite said:
Awesome thanks for your help. I have heard lots of good things about pfs. Thought I would give it a shot especially since its cheaper then gravel. What brand did you use?

I got mine from Leslie's pool supply, $10 for 50lbs. Just rinse it first to help wash dust out, or if you're not in a hurry just put it in and let the cycle take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom