Equipment I Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kamek909

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today i got paid so i made a stop at my LPS and i bought water dechlorinator, 2 light bulbs, air pump, air stone, air tubing, a new filter catridge for my filter that is 90 GPH. Im starting my 10 gal from scratch. I found out i needed to cycle my tank about a week ago so i returned my fish. I still need to buy sand and test kit. I will be buying this this weekend. I just want to make sure im getting things i need right. I know air pumps give oxygen to fish thats why i bought it and the light bulbs because they throw white light which i like and prime water dechlorinator because it was recommended by alot of you. So am i doing this right? I wont cycle my tank till i get my test kit of 800 test. I will get the drops instead of sticks because it was recommended as well. Any advice/opinions? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389055067.235763.jpg

Nice! Based on experience those bulbs will heat up the tank, I got colormax fluorescents instead, great bulbs, I had a marina 100 air pump, worked fine, kind of loud, wouldn't want it in my bedroom. Prime is awesome! Good start, you have a thermometer and heater yet?

Well looks like imma have spair light bulbs then lol need to buy those u recommend. I have a heater but not a thermometer i completely forgot about the thermometer but this weekend ill be getting test kit, thermometer, and Pool Filter Sand.

Just some advice, buy the test kit on amazon or ebay, it is much cheaper.

Much agreed! You can save a lot of money...although last time I was there pet smart had the api test kit for 30..and good way to go on the pool filter sand! Make sure you rinse it really really good..twice! Lol

Much agreed! You can save a lot of money...although last time I was there pet smart had the api test kit for 30..and good way to go on the pool filter sand! Make sure you rinse it really really good..twice! Lol

Yeah i will rinse it really good

Sounds like you're off to a good start. I find that I can purchase a lot of my equipment and materials needed cheaper online, usually through amazon or drsfostersmith.com. I don't feel too bad doing it all online because my LFS are either petsmart or petco, all the others are strictly marine shops

Sounds like you're off to a good start. I find that I can purchase a lot of my equipment and materials needed cheaper online, usually through amazon or drsfostersmith.com. I don't feel too bad doing it all online because my LFS are either petsmart or petco, all the others are strictly marine shops

Yeah i will shop online from now. Im just confused about cycling. I dont really know what to do. About adding amonia or whatever. It confuses me.

Yea it's confusing, parts still confuse me at times. Basically yo use your tank up, let it go through the cycle, wait till your parameters are good, then start slowly adding your stock

Yea it's confusing, parts still confuse me at times. Basically yo use your tank up, let it go through the cycle, wait till your parameters are good, then start slowly adding your stock

Yeah i just seen a thread on cycling i understand it better now

There ya go! There's tons of articles and threads for getting setup that you can take advantage of. I myself am new to Planted tanks, I've only ever done fake plants, and I've found the articles and threads to be a lifesaver. Along with advice from others of course lol. Do you know what you're wanting to stock in the tank?

There ya go! There's tons of articles and threads for getting setup that you can take advantage of. I myself am new to Planted tanks, I've only ever done fake plants, and I've found the articles and threads to be a lifesaver. Along with advice from others of course lol. Do you know what you're wanting to stock in the tank?

1 Male Honey Gourami, 1 Female Honey Gourami, 4 Pygmy Cory, 4 neon tetras, and some ghost shrimp. I will add live plants and pool filter sand.

Back
Top Bottom