Exotic species help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im loving all these suggestions especially the blue red fin loach

The tiger botia looks unique. Another suggestion I have is the angelicus botia

Blues can go for 50 but 60 for a green

Really? my lfs sells them when they have them for about 90 a piece :blink:

But i really like the Green Phantoms and the Blues.....they stand out really well
the Gold Nuggets are really cool as well...sadly those are way overpriced here as well :(

Lol I'd rather have my green phantom than a zebra

The only plec I place above the green is the blue eyed panaque

Zebras are just the hype right now in the pleco hobby

It's all about supply and demand

In 15 years they will fetch the same 100$ ballpark price they did back in the 80'S when they were first introduced to the hobby

Lol I'd rather have my green phantom than a zebra

The only plec I place above the green is the blue eyed panaque

Your green phantom is stunning. The op wanted exotic and color wise, the zebra is what I came up with. Also, like you said, with supply/demand it's prob in the top 10 of most expensive fw fish right now.

Looking online and the Redfin Tiger Loach has really caught my eye anyone know anything about em

im loving all these suggestions especially the blue red fin loach

I have 2 they are similar in behaviour to a clown loach. They get about 7 inches long, should be kept in groups. They are beautiful and awesome I have some myself.

I have 2 they are similar in behaviour to a clown loach. They get about 7 inches long, should be kept in groups. They are beautiful and awesome I have some myself.

image-2468352090.jpg

Is this what you have its syncrossus berdmorei

I got a salvini cichlid and my Redfin tiger loach (syncrossus berdmorei ) friday and so far everything is looking good all the fish are getting along fine. )Pics coming soon). This now brings my current stock to
1convict cichlid
1 firemouth cichlid
1 salvini cichlid
1 Redfin tiger loach ( syncrossus berdmorei ).

So what do yall think ?

That is by far the coolest loach I have ever seen.
How much did you pay for it? How big is your tank? How big will the loach grow? And it it my understanding that loaches are very social fish so maybe you could get him a friend. That being said i don't know the asking price for the fish lol

I have a 55g tank , and yes he is very social ,and he is tough loach this species of loach really holds its own which is why i got it cause i knew it can handle the aggression of the cichlid's. this species of loach from what ive read online gets anywhere between 5 to 7 inches , and it only cost me 15$. ( unless u have big tank i dont recommend getting more then one just because the males will fight if not enough room to establish territories.

image-4110554667.jpg

image-3538387856.jpg

image-3472012772.jpg

Got some pics of my Redfin tiger loach , firemouth, and my convict cichlid ... I will keep trying to get a pic of my salvini .. He is very skidish and everytime i get close enough to get a good pic he darts off or goes and hides in his log.

Back
Top Bottom