Fake or real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pygmy cories and cherry shrimp get along nicely. I'm not sure if it's necessarily just my cories or typical behavior, but they tend to patrol about one third of my 29 tall at a time; only switching when they dart to the surface and come back down. From what I've read, the 3 different types (habrosus, hastatus, and pygmaeus) can have different activity patterns; forget which but one of them is a bit more sedentary? (I have habrosus)

I was thinking maybe 1 honey gourami 2 platies 2 guppies and 3 small corydoras is this over stocked?

This here tells me you haven't done three months of research if you don't know the gourami is to big for a 10g...

Yes and other issues. Honey gourami, platies, and cories need bigger tank. Platies I believe are cold water and the others are tropical. Also you need to have the right amount per fish to reduce stress, aggresion, and for natural behavior. Cories need groups of 6. Not sure about platies.
You need to be thinking smaller on the fish side.

Other options.
Betta
There are several dwarf / micro rasbora

Dont forget shrimps depending on the fish you choose.

Also remember bioload. If you have plants and more than likely snails plus a few fish and maybe shrimp. Its alot. It sounds non active but you be surprised. I like my guppies but im all about the plants. Shrimp are cool. If I had no fish id be ok lol

Can't pigmey cories work in a ten?

Mollys need a minimum 20g I believe but again I don't know much about them either.

No Mollies in a 10g. They get big and are active swimmers. 30g and up is best IME. They are also big eaters and big poopers. Too much bioload.

Platies I believe need 20g or larger. They are 2" each and to me just look outsized for a 10g. If you do Platies I'd say 3 Platy males and nothing else. I know some say they are ok in a 10g. To me it limits stocking to put such large fish in a small tank.

I've worked in and managed a few pet stores over the years. Saw a lot of people overstock and crash new 10g tanks.

I know what I learned today lol

Im not getting in stocking threads.

Back
Top Bottom