False Julii Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

semperfi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to planted aquariums. I cycled a 29 g moderately planted tank and have good water parameters. No ammonia or nitrites and I run between 10-20ppm nitrates with a 6.5 pH. I have four False Julii Cory Cats and I have a question about their behavior. Is it normal for them to swim up the side of the tank and then dart back toward the bottom for long periods of time? It will start with only one doing it, and then sometimes two or three others will join in. When it's feeding time, they will stop and go about their business scavenging for food and then later they will be back at it. Is this normal behavior for them? They look kinda crazy doing it sometimes. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 2 false julli cats in one tank and 3 peppered cory cats in another. My false Jullis cats do the same thing and I think it is just their nature to be a little spazy, where the peppered cory cat to me has a little calmer nature and swims around in a slower more deliberate fashion ,if that makes sense. They are both adorable and it sounds like yours are just fine. Alison

Thanks Alison! I was a little worried about them but I didn't have anything I could think of that I had done to cause it. :)

I'm sure they're fine. If your tank is properly cycled, the water temp and parameters are good, and the tank has good aeration, then the fish are having fun!

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

FYI "False" julii are AKA
3 Lined Cories a direct translation of their Latin name of
Corydoras trilineatus

Many species could be called false julii.

So searching under Corydoras trilineatus will give you better info.

All of my cory cats do that. At first I thought it was odd but found it to be somewhat funny and watch them as they do it. My cats on the other hand think that they are being teased by the fish.

Back
Top Bottom