fast hitting disease- doing a journal for updates now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian is absolutely right -- diagnosis can be very difficult. My first hunch was a type of fungus, but since you said the fungus med didn't stop or even slow any symptoms, I thought to go ahead and try bacterial/parasite meds. Although if it was a parasite, I would think you'd see signs of it, or the other fish in the tank would start to become ill also. I'm glad you got all the affected fish in QT, and I'm sorry about the other fish that died. :( I hope this turns around quickly for you!

thanks guys, I won't get home until LATE tonight so we'll see if there are any developments... I still haven't been able to check my gold nugget pleco... I'm going to try and coax him out with food tonight and have a flashlight ready.

How is everyone doing today, rubysoho?

I hope things are slowly getting better over there...I know how frustrating this can be. While I can't add much in the way of advice, I just wanted to let you know that I'm rooting for you and your fishies! :D

Thanks for your concern Sara, here is the update for today.

55 gallon:
no signs at all *knock on wood* I even got a good look at my gold nugget and he is clean. One angel is acting odd, but it could be courting between my angels...not sure and I'm keep an close eye on them.

5 gallon:
The cories are all sticking together, no one is trying to be alone like previous symptoms had shown.

I am continuing medication treatment of Melafix in both tanks since I have not been able to find the other meds I've wanted.

right now I am not sure what to think. It seems whatever this disease is left as quickly as it came. I am just hopeing whatever it was isn't in hybernation mode... In two weeks I feel a little better, but I don't believe I will be adding any fish for at least a month. (accept my 10 gallon which has never had a problem... I'm going to revamp that one :D ) I am also going to buy a new net and gravel vacume. I don't trust using them just in case it can be spread on these objects.

*update*

well, it has been about a week since the disease hit. I think the Melafix helped prevent whatever disease this was from getting my healthy fish, though it could not help the ones already affected. Also, I still have three cories alive and happy in my 5 gallon QT. I'm going to wait another two weeks before I put them back in the 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom