Feather fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toon.inc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I have a feather fin and it's about 10 months old now. I was wondering what other fish would go great with it and why it hides all the time.

Not to sure what gallons converts to but it's about a 600 litre tank

That's around 130gallons. I'm a litres man myself lol.

Is it the only occupant in the 600?

Jon

No there is also a turtle. I am redoing the tank as a wedding present to my Missus

Could be worthwhile looking at cichlids with the size of your tank your possibilities are quite vast.

With the feather fin being an African catfish I would look at possibly setting up as an African cichlid tank. Putting an African twist on the decoration.

Jon

I have featherfins with africans and SA/NW cichlids. They do hold their own very well. They can be very shy and hide unless it's feeding time. Mine were like that for a few months. Now they "demand" that I rub their bellies when I do my tank maintenance.

I've heard turtles with africans could be an issue, but then again, anything with africans is really a toss up. Just depends on the individual fish's attitude. You could have a group of red zebras, some would be mild mannered, some would be evil little buggers.

African Feather Fins look amazing... But I wanted to ask a question before I make any type of decision on whether to buy one... The ones I see at petsmart seem to be really chubby around the stomach, is this normal? I mean I've seen some round fish before but they seem more chubby then round...

Mine looks chubby right after I fead it. These fish are awesome, mine will come to the top and swim upside down to eat food with my Africans! Good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom