Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rendao

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wondered if someone could tell me! Do fish need the light on when feeding or will they find it in the relative dark?

Rendao said:
Wondered if someone could tell me! Do fish need the light on when feeding or will they find it in the relative dark?

I feed mine during the day so there's some light weather the lights on or off. I would think its doesn't make much of difference unless your talking night time in pitch black darkness. My fish know feeding time anyway they all come to the surface and it's a frenzy when I drop it the pellets. What fish do you have?

i find feeding them in the light means there is so much more that gets eaten, so less waste on the bottom. and all the fish are excited as they see the food, so non e of the fish get skipped at feeding time xx

Some species can be nocturnal and so do better if fed after lights out. So, really it depends on your species.

Mine aren't, but some say kuhli loaches, synodontis, plecos, black ghost knife, can't think of others off the top of my gray matter (am crunching numbers at work).

Back
Top Bottom