Feeding for dwarf gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I have 4 dwarf gouramis and 3 kuhli loaches in a 20G tank. I feed the gouramis about 3 pinches a day, a few shrimp pellets and a very small pinch of freezed dried bloodworms, shrimp, etc. (it's a medley lol). I also put a small amount of died kelp in for the loaches. My question is, even though I feed them this amount, they beg for food anytime I come near the tank, and they eat everything I give them, no leftovers. Do you guys think I need to feed them more?

I'm no expert but that sounds like a lot of food for those fish. It's my understanding that fish will eat whatever you put in front of them, like a dog, so they'll always look hungry.

I feed my fish 2 x daily with food they can eat in about 3-4 minutes. I did not have any problems so far (for many years). Sure they would eat more...

Ok, so I have 4 dwarf gouramis and 3 kuhli loaches in a 20G tank. I feed the gouramis about 3 pinches a day, a few shrimp pellets and a very small pinch of freezed dried bloodworms, shrimp, etc. (it's a medley lol). I also put a small amount of died kelp in for the loaches. My question is, even though I feed them this amount, they beg for food anytime I come near the tank, and they eat everything I give them, no leftovers. Do you guys think I need to feed them more?

Back
Top Bottom