Feeding help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need help feeding my fish. I have 6 rummy nose tetras, 7 bloodfin tetras, and 1 bolivian ram in a 20 gallon high unplanted tank with a tetra ex30 filter. I try and feed my ram with pellets, but the others eat them first, so I ended up putting the pellets near the ram with my hand, and even then he barely eats them, and most stay in the gravel. What should I feed my ram? Any specific products that you know of for dwarf cichlids? And how to get it away from the other fish? I want pellets that sink FAST!

And I don't want to be a pain in the --- but I need help now!!!!
I am buying the food tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
Please help me!!!!!!!!!!
Any feeding advice will be accepted with gratitude, anything at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cichlid pellets are larger in size, they'll sink quickly and the size of them will make it hard for any other fish to snaffle them up before the ram gets a chance.

Try feeding the other fish will slow sinking food for a minute then drop the cichlid pellets in, hopefully they'll be too bat eating to notice that the big pellets are falling right by them.

Frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp are always a good option

I know, I have tried cichlid pellets, I am looking for the kind of cichlid pellets that you use that sink fast. Because my other fish eat their food so fast that I can't exactly distract them. And they would rather investigate a pellet than eat.

There are several very small cichlid pellets on the market today that are the sinking variety. If the pellets are not taken by your rams you can use a liquid garlic solution that is also easy to find to soak the pellets in. This is used to help with enticing a picky eater to eat

I dont think that the problem here is so much "picky eater", but rather it sounds like the other fish in the tank are eating up all the food before the Ram can get any.

Have you thought about the Shrimp Pellets? Theyre meant for catfish and other bottom dwellers, so theyre a little larger than normal pellets and sink pretty quick. Hopefully they arent too big for the Ram though.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom