Feeding - How Much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do i know how much food to feed my fish? If i'm doing to much or not enough? May be a dumb question but just want to make sure i'm not over feed or under feeding them. I know there usually isn't much or any left over. I feed twice a day.

How do i know how much food to feed my fish? If i'm doing to much or not enough? May be a dumb question but just want to make sure i'm not over feed or under feeding them. I know there usually isn't much or any left over. I feed twice a day.

Once a day is enough. Since you say there isn't much/if any food left over I would stick to they amount.

ok....is the morning or evening the best time?? I know this is a dumb question but just want to make sure I am doing everything right and whats best for the fish

ok....is the morning or evening the best time?? I know this is a dumb question but just want to make sure I am doing everything right and whats best for the fish

I just feed my fish maybe once when I wake up, or around noon. An once sometime before I go to sleep. Maybe give Them a treat, depends. If you over feed them you don't need to feed them for a whole because it will give them something to scavenge later. But if you just feed them a little. Bit. Once or twice is good, The timing really doesn't matter because they will eat almost everytine you put food in the tank IMO.

Feeding Your Fish

Hello Velk...

Aquarium fish are small and have a very small stomach, it's about the size of one eye. So, it takes next to nothing to fill it. In their natural living areas, fish are lucky to find a little food once in a week. That's the way it's done in nature and it works very well.

I feed my fish a variety of frozen foods. They're by far the most nutritious, because there's nothing but the frozen animal and water, no additives. I feed my fish two times a week and just what will be eaten in a couple of minutes. During the time between feedings, the fish forage around the tank and pick up small bits of food that have been missed. My tanks stay very clean that way and the fish stay active and healthy.

B

Thanks, I feed them with the flakes right now. I will definitely cut back to like once every couple days if you think that is fine? Glad I posted this now, very helpful....thanks

Should be fine!

(I like to spoil my fish... But that just means more water changes and maintenance on my part)

A little while back I read an article about making fish food gelatin... Pretty interesting. Never tried it tho... I want to

Everyone feeds differently. As long as there isn't a bunch of leftover food at the bottom causing a mess I'd say you're ok. I feed once a day, and fast for one or two days a week. I tend to feed in the evening when I get home from work. What kind of fish do you have? Fish, like people, like variety. So I try to rotate foods: flakes, pellets, frozen food, algae/veggie wafers, shrimp pellets, etc.

For me it depends in the age of the fish, I have juvenile angels and I try to do a couple smallish feedings a day because they are growing and because I have a bully who tends to be greedy, and I want the smaller fish to get enough.

i have 2 mollies, 2 platies, 4 cories, 6 zebra danios and a snail.... But I am going to be adding a dwarf gourami and a angel SOON...... I think I will probably just cut back to once a day and then maybe skip a day here and there....Thanks everyone

i have 2 mollies, 2 platies, 4 cories, 6 zebra danios and a snail.... But I am going to be adding a dwarf gourami and a angel SOON...... I think I will probably just cut back to once a day and then maybe skip a day here and there....Thanks everyone

That's what I do. Every three to four days I fast as I feed a lot. All I feed on fast days is crushed flakes for fry

I have been feeding once a day (at night) and it is awesome how much more active my fish are. I love it. Thanks again for the advance !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom