feeding my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambithegirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,
The fish store told me they only feed their bettas once a day and only 2 pellets (tiny, the size of their eyes) per day. Does that sound right?
On the container it says feed 3 times a day as much as fish can eat in 1 minute. For the past 2 days since I got him ive been feeding only 2. He is very lively and doesn't look thin, but I think it might be too little.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also I was thinking of getting some frozen bloodworms. How often would I give him that?

Yes Jen I got him! This is a bad quality pic but look how beautiful he is. He is a halfmoon betta, with gorgeous blue fins. He is very lively and swims all over the tank and explores all day long. He is very responsive and comes right up to me when I'm at the tank. His bottom fins are mostly white with just a little bit of blue, not sure if it should be like that.

I will stick to his feeding routine. Perhaps give him a bit of pea once a week?
I see there are many different opinions on the subject.

Hopefully he will like the corys (not the taste of them) when they arrive :)

Attachments

• Matisse.jpg
    Matisse.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 65
What is the food you're feeding him? Some foods are larger in size than others & some swell more in their tummies than others will. I feed my Bettas New Life Spectrum, 5-6 pellets once a day, if I feed Omega One I feed a little less because the pellets are larger. Neither of these tend to swell much & they are a pretty good quality.

Back
Top Bottom