feeding question and Peas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trrogers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is still cycling and have not completely decided on the fish but most likely fancy guppies and or platies cherry shrimp and maybe an otto or two ( 12 gallon nano planted) I also have a Betta in a 1 gallon and have read about feeding peas once a week?? to aid in digestion?? Are we talking frozen peas mashed up and fed? Thanks for clarification!

Trish

frozen peas are prefered. take a couple and place in a small plastic container with a little water. then microwave until slightly mushy. let them cool and they should pop easlily out of their shells.

My fish (the only big one is a gourami) seem to like them better if I squeeze them flat (almost like a big green flake) when I drop them in. It seems like the way to go with small fish. That way they can actually bite off the edges of it. Otherwise they just seem to butt the pea then it floats down and my shrimp eat it.

my fish are greedy - both my madagascar rainbow and my goyder river rainbow try to swallow the entire pea whole (which they can't). They eventually spit it out, but they are stupid, let me tell you.

Careful with the Platties and Cherry Shrimp. Those shrimp may become a tasty and expensive treat!

My fish prefer their peas ground into a mash-like paste. The Cherry Barbs tear that stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom