Feeding Redtails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBirdsong

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What does everyone feed their Redtail Sharks? I'm worried about ours not getting enough food. All the other fish are such pigs!!

My rainbow shark, very similar to the redtail, eats algae as well as the stuff that floats to the bottom of the tank. You could always get sinking shrimp pellets too, when I toss those in to treat my Cory's... the shark helps himself to a few as well.

My redtail and rainbow only and i mean only eat frozen brine shrimp... i'm sure once i get alge they'll eat some. I've looked on a few sites any they say that they are omnivores and should eat anything that goes in the tank but its not that way with me. Even the guy at my lfs said thats all he can feed his.

My redtail loves frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms but I often see him grabbing flake food and freezed dried tubifex worms as well. I put in sinking food at lights off a couple times a week but I don't know if he goes for these. He forages on the rocks and driftwood a lot and seems to be doing well. I've had him about two months and he always looks plump.

Back
Top Bottom