Fiddler crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how on my phone! Lol besides I'm done... Gonna let someone more experienced help now :)

Oh well make sure to when you get on a computer! You can get in big trouble for copying and pasting without a link, I've learned from experience on another forum

Guppies are not (Yes, they can handle salt in the aquarium, but not marine salt, aquarium salt. also not brackish). Flagfish on the other hand, I'm not positive, but I see them mostly in FW setups
guppes can handle marine salt,and IME,so can goldfish and minnows. when i had fiddler crabs,i kep them with(not all at once): goldfish(feeders),rosy red minnows(again,feeders),feeder guppies(of course feeders),ghost shrimp,and pond snails. i also had java moss. and yes,it was brackish

Oh well make sure to when you get on a computer! You can get in big trouble for copying and pasting without a link, I've learned from experience on another forum

Oh... I didn't know that... thanks :D

not trying to spark debate but for the guppies and other non native bw fish it comes down to surviving and thriving sure if you acclimate them right the will surivive but you may be shortening their lifespan

not trying to spark debate but for the guppies and other non native bw fish it comes down to surviving and thriving sure if you acclimate them right the will surivive but you may be shortening their lifespan
actually,im pretty sure that a little salt is good for livebearers,IE: low end brackish

could you provide an article on that? im not trying to sound pushy but alot of the fish that are acclimated over to bw that arnt brackish itl harm their internal organs and if i remember right dont fiddlers need mid range bw

could you provide an article on that? im not trying to sound pushy but alot of the fish that are acclimated over to bw that arnt brackish itl harm their internal organs and if i remember right dont fiddlers need mid range bw
i dont have an article that says it,im not even sure if its true,but i read something like it a while ago and i was trying to help

Pool filter sand is the cheapest. U can get it for around 5-8 bucks at home depot and it's awesome!!

Lots of fish can be brackish actually...
Most brackish fish are fresh water at the LFS Sony have to acclimate them ( drip is best)
Mollies can be brackish ... I believe a lot of livebearers I not all can be brackish someone can correct me on this.

At first I thought brackish was half aquarium salt half fresh but make sure bc I believe it's half marine salt and half freshwater.... Not positive but that's an important question..

I was going to ask you what kind of sand you used. :) I just found out today that brackish is marine salt... and that you use a hydrometer to measure the amount of salt. Doing my research!

alLexX said:
i dont have an article that says it,im not even sure if its true,but i read something like it a while ago and i was trying to help

believe me iknow im not trying to fight i was just curious and wanted to read up but its up to the OP now

Thanks Flossie! :D

LOL you are welcome... Just keep doing some research online and see which ones do best in brackish water... some people use salt in all their FW tanks... some people don't... Some ppl acclimate FW to brackish and vise/versa :) Hopefully someone will come up with the best answer for you :D

Ok, so I've been doing research on the reptofilters... Everything I read says they are for "frogs, newts, and turtles". It also says this:

Three stage filtration is the key to clean, clear water:

1. Mechanical filtration: The ReptoFilter cartridge uses dense, dual-sided mesh to catch debris and waste.
  2. Chemical filtration: Ultra-activated carbon removes odors and discoloration.
  3. Biological filtration: Bio-Foam cultivates aerobic bacteria, which eliminate toxic ammonia and nitrites before water cascades back into terrarium.
TetraFauna ReptoFilter For Frogs, Newts & Turtles at PETCO

Would they still work for fish? I wouldn't want to put fish in there with them if it wasn't great filtration. Suggestions?

Anyone have experience with these reptofilters? I am getting a 30gal soon, and need to start buying everything else!

Back
Top Bottom