Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the best filter for a 2.5 gal?
I cycled it with a air driven filter but I strongly dislike the bubbles.
Any suggestions?

I love my fish!!!

Youre suggesting filters that are 150 gph or 120gph in flow for a 2.5g tank? Are you trying to make a whirlpool?!? :D

I'm not a fan of deep blue filters, but in this case I think that might be your best bet.

Yeah I looked at those and they seemed way too big. I think I'm going to order the azoo Palm filter. It looks perfect

I love my fish!!!

The Azoo Palm will work really well for that size tank. I had that filter on a 5 gallon tank and it was great. Very nice looking, very small, works well. It lasted for years too.

Youre suggesting filters that are 150 gph or 120gph in flow for a 2.5g tank? Are you trying to make a whirlpool?!? :D

I'm not a fan of deep blue filters, but in this case I think that might be your best bet.
If the waters topped off. Idk I ran a C4 on a 10g just fine, turned the flow down at feeding time and then if I changed the filter and disturbed the bottom I would just crank it up and voooommmmm all the junk got sucked up.

The AC 20 (I know I said 30) is 100gph and the C2 is 106gph I would go C2.

If the waters topped of. Idk I ran a C4 on a 10g just fine, turned the flow down at feeding time and then if I changed the filter and disturbed the bottom I would just crank it up and voooommmmm all the junk got sucked up.

The AC 20 (I know I said 30) is 100gph and the C2 is 106gph I would go C2.

The problem is that the only things that will fit in a tank that size is a betta, snails, and shrimp. Flow that powerful will kill both the shrimp and the betta.

Even a reef tank is suggested to max out at 40x the tank volume in flow per hour and those filters go beyond that. Freshwater tanks really shouldn't go much beyond 10x

Back
Top Bottom