Filter choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you folks stack your media? Carbon? Bio media, floss ?
Thanks for your pointers

Dd you decide on an HOB or a canister filter?
In my HOBs (1 Aqueon 50 and 1 Aquaclear 50 on a 55 gallon tank. I, too, love over filtering.) I use several sponges and those white pellets that go in the mesh bags. They come with the filters or yo can get them separately if you are buying a second-hand filter. I don't use the carbon unless there's a smell water changes won't get rid of or I need to clear out medicine or my kids spilling something in the tank. (So far they've spilled red ink and waffle syrup into it...don't ask, lol!)

Dd you decide on an HOB or a canister filter?
In my HOBs (1 Aqueon 50 and 1 Aquaclear 50 on a 55 gallon tank. I, too, love over filtering.) I use several sponges and those white pellets that go in the mesh bags. They come with the filters or yo can get them separately if you are buying a second-hand filter. I don't use the carbon unless there's a smell water changes won't get rid of or I need to clear out medicine or my kids spilling something in the tank. (So far they've spilled red ink and waffle syrup into it...don't ask, lol!)

Not to hijack, but wana hear a funny story Jen? My cousin when he was a youngin' had a fish tank in his den. I'm sure my aunt and uncle didn't know much about fish so the water chemistry wasnt great and the water stunk. So when no one was around, he decided to address the issue by dumping a bottle of my uncles cologne into the tank! Bye bye fishies lol

My vote is a marineland empor 400. I two on my African 75gal and they work great.

Back
Top Bottom