filter for my 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redwings

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im picking a filter too go with my 110 aquaclear (fuval 405 100 gallon vs Api filstar xp 145 gallon)

what fish are you planning on putting in there? however i would choose the api xp 145, just cuz its a stronger filter so your walter might be cleaner :)

I'm getting lots of bigger community fish like barbs angles some nice loaches rainbow fish and I was also thinking of a fuval fv5 400 gallon or API 265 gallon

If u were to get one of the last two I would say you wouldn't need to use your hob filtre, but leave in on for a few weeks to seed the bb to your new filtre, I would choose the fx5 imo

If u were to get one of the last two I would say you wouldn't need to use your hob filtre, but leave in on for a few weeks to seed the bb to your new filtre, I would choose the fx5 imo

The fx5 is definitely top notch! You wont be disappointed in the choice

I heard it can do water changes is that worth trying it is that bad for the tank

I watched a YouTube video of the fuval fx5 and it said you can hook a hose up to your filter and it will do your 20% water changes for you would that be a feature worth using or should I do it the proper way?

Can you re-word what your trying to say? Im not sure what you mean

If your doing a substrate vac then donit normally but any other time you could do it that way. Its gonna all be up to you. You will eventually learn your way of doing it and be used to it

Yeah I'm getting a super good deal you should search for some good deals they are expensive

That's nice to have I'm only getting a good deal because they are gonna keep a sale going for me

Back
Top Bottom