Filter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phippsp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello this is my first post and I am new to the hobby. I am setting up a 20 gallon long freshwater tank and am currently in the process of fishless cycle. While I. This process I am doing tons of research on everything and still have no idea what will call my tank home yet.

Here is my question I have a Aqueon Quietflow 30 HOB filter. I currently have the regular filter that comes with the tank installed but heard bio media is also a good option...so I put both in the filter. The bio media is Fluval Aqua Clear that comes in the white netted bag.

Is this a bad thing that I should correct or anything else you could inform me on in this matter.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423183931.766050.jpg

Also the tubing is me testing a DIY co2.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So long as it doesn't get caught in the impeller or cause the HOB to overflow, I see no problem.

Personally, I would hang the bio media right in front of the outflow so that it doesn't slow down the filter itself.

Good job doing the research and good luck!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Awesome thank you. Actually I plan on putting a pre-filter on it as well since the outflow is pretty strong placed in the middle of the tank. Wouldn't be so bad if it was facing length wise but then my light wouldn't fit.

Thanks again for the input!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Cheaper than a prefilter sponge is a ladies pair of nylons in the color of your intake.

You can get them at any corner store like CVS or Walgreens; you can also layer them once they've been cut to help slow the intake. I use tiny black or clear hair ties to hold them on. Works wonders for me.

Have fun!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Pick up a fluval c3 filter. You can totally add media you want and it's the best filter available hands down. I used to use Aqua clear until I got the fluval c.....no comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom