Filtration Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jndglover2111

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone :)
I am currently in the process of trying to decide how I am going to go about upgrading my filtration in my 524 Litre (138 gal) tank. At the moment I am running an Ehiem 2217 classic which is rated for tanks up to 600 litres (159 gal). I feel that due to the fact the pump is running almost to it's full rated capacity that I should increase to a system that has a rated capacity well above and beyond what I need it to do (can never have too much filtration I say). So I am tossing up weather to upgrade to a Ehiem 2260 with a rated capacity of 1,500 litres (396 gal) or just buy a second Ehiem 2217? Is any body running two filters or a large filter like the 2260? Just would like to get your thought or suggestions on this one please?

I would just get another 2217... two filters is better than one in most situations. I have always had two canisters on my bigger tanks. Right now, I have a rena xp3, fluval 305 and fluval 405 on my 125g.

Back
Top Bottom