Finally filled my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

OK, my "new" 55g is at capacity finally, and everyone seems to be doing well. My fish in there are in my signature. Thanks for everyone's help!

Just a quick question (I read so many threads each day that I forget some info sometimes), did you let the tank cycle before adding all of the fish?

Yeah, but I did a quick cycle because I was using SeaChem Stability to add the bacteria of the tank. I've been checking Ammonia 2x ed and it has not gone above .5 at any time, so I think everything is right on track. No deaths so far, except for one frog that was acting funny the minute I added him to the tank. The only real crisis I had was that the rock I used had my pH up above 8, but I tossed that out quick and we are back to 7. I have been doing water changes of about 30% eod too, so I'm sure that helps a little.

You're on the right track Tony. What was the reasoning for not getting female and male guppies? :D Too many babies to deal with?

Fishyfanatic said:
You're on the right track Tony. What was the reasoning for not getting female and male guppies? :D Too many babies to deal with?

You got it. I just wanted the exact number of fish I have. Plus, the males look better IMO.

True. But just think. You could have hundreds of little baby fry! You could have a 55 gal tank setup exclusively for the fry. Ok, I know, I know, not interested. Then again, great excuse for that 150!

Some day when I get a house I'm getting that 150! Or bigger! But until then I am pretty excited about my 55, there is a lot of action always going on.

You are right on that one Tony! The frogs are so much fun to watch when they are active and swimming all around the tank. The Pleco's are my favorite though. I just wish their was a fish that was just like the Pleco but swam all the time. :)

True, it seems like I never see either of my plecos, but they are still my favorite fish in the tank. I sent some Kudos your way, without your help who knows what kind of mess my tank would have been. Thanks FF!

I noticed my Kudo count went up quite a bit, thanks Tony! That's what we are all here for, to help in any way that we can. I'll stop hijacking your thread now. :D Congrats on getting the tank up and going!

Back
Top Bottom