Finally Stocking my 60Gal this weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supradupafast

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey All! Finally, after 2 long months, the tank has finally cycled (After crashing once) but helped after using media from my established Tank.
I've done my big PWC and now ready for some Fish!...

I was thinking of adding fish in this Order.. About 1 week apart

8 Zebra Danios (Love to watch em play tag)
8 Black neons
2 Bolivian Rams
5 White Clouds
5 Peppered Cory (If I can find some)
4 Bamboo Shrimps.

I have a well planted 60gal tank, and using a Eheim 2236 (80gal rated) with a AquaClear 70 HOB.
My question is, does anyone see a problem with the selection of fish?
I am also opened to advice on modifying my list.. AS I have not experienced owning many different types of fish. I want to stick with small but playfull fish. I don't mind (actually would love) to have a few "display" fish. Colorful. I am also looking for "Hardy Fish"...
and Yes.. I do watch the water Params & keep with weekly pwc. I just like to know that If something happens, my fish can take a lil' change.

I am not familiar with rainbow fish, so I can't really comment on those. The white cloud minnows are coldwater fish, so I would probably leave those out. I'm also unsure of the bamboo shrimp, I've never had them myself but I have read that they can harass the fish.

I already have some Bamboo shrimps in my other tank, and they pretty much mind their own Biz..
As for Whiteclouds, thanks for the advice. I will leave them out.
So far, sort of aiming for the South American theme except for some.

My tank will look empty, and not sure what is "plant safe" and will go with these fish:

8 Zebra Danios
8 Black neons
4 Bolivian Rams
5 Peppered Cory (If I can find some)
4 Bamboo Shrimps.

This is why I've made this thread, to get some advice and help. I am going today to get started with the Danios since they are hardy and get the natural cycle going. (yes, i've completed the fishless)

I would give the tank time to mature, and add the oto's, I think they will be a great addition.

About White Clouds, they're not as "coldwater" as Goldfish. They can live in heated tropical fish aquariums. I have 8 of them with the heater set at 77 F and they do well.

Ah, Whiteclouds living in tropical. After thinking, I'd really like to stay in the South American Theme.
How do you keep Bolivian Rams? In pairs 1m 1f ? or 1m 2f ?
I really like those fish. I also like Ciclids but I hear they can be aggressive & hard on live plants.
Looks like I'll be redoing my fish stocking list all over again...

Back
Top Bottom