Finally--the 55 gallon is up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Everyone is fine so far. The nitrites are still zero and my nitrates are down to 20.

The barbs are schooling and the pictus is running, so that's a good sign I guess. Here's a pic.

img_630489_0_f6538b4ed9ec669b28eefcdf6e6fc89f.jpg

well it is exactly what I had in the 29, but with more gravel. I'll add to it slowly and get it where I want it. Everyone needs a few days before I add any fish. The only one I am worried about is the pleco and the frog. They're pretty quiet.

Maybe. If I were you I would test for ammonia and nitrites for a few more days just in case. Tank looks good BTW!

It's so funny how they found their same hideouts right away. I can't wait to add a few more things. It looks so empty. I think I'll get a clown loach and a few black ruby barbs.

Looks great! I like that stand and the way that it has that "lip" on the lower edge...

Is that the bigger pebble gravel? Like penny size stones?

The gravel is a mix of penny size (new) and the old which is the same color blend, but about 2/3 the size. I need to get a few taller plants for the corners. I have a burgandy bedroom, so I am going to get a black background to bring out the red in the plants.

I'm not sure if I want to put too much in the center of the tank. The barbs are swimming pretty quickly. The shark is misbehaving.

Looks good IMHO... Keep the pics coming as the tank progresses! :)

Back
Top Bottom