Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2015, 03:26 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Right? It's funny because I've always been in love with water but I never really thought about fish keeping until about half a year ago. Now I am officially obsessed, and learning more every day!

Old 03-25-2015, 02:19 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a tank update for us?

Old 03-25-2015, 03:25 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes actually! I got the 75 gallon set up and cycled, and have moved my Serpaes over to the 75 to separate them from my Angel, who is going to stay in my 46. He is already regrowing his fins, and the Serpaes seem to be doing well in the 75, they've been in for about a week now and no visible signs of stress or disease. If they are still ok in about 3 weeks I am going to move my rainbowfish over. (I am going to go visit family in Tucson for about a week at the end of the month and I don't want my fiance to have to monitor/care for fish that have just been moved and acclimated to a new tank, so I am going to wait until I get back.) I am also prepping a HUGE piece of Mopani that I bought, I have had it soaking, it should be ready before too long. I am super excited to get them stocked, and the kid in me wants to fill them now but the responsible adult in me knows it's way better in the long run to take it safe and slow.

I have also rethought my stock for the 75, which is leaving my 46 pretty empty once I move some fish over. I am keeping my Angel and my 6 Cories in there, and am thinking of adding a Firemouth Cichlid, but I am not sure what else to add. I still have 32% of my aquarium space left and plenty of filtration according to aqadvisor. I'm just not sure what will be tough and/or fast enough to live in there but also not start nipping at my Angel again. Obviously no Serpaes and I've heard that many Barbs can be nippy so I am trying to stear clear of them. I am still looking for what I want to finish the tank off with.

Tags
cichlid, compatability, fire, firemouth, ich, mouth, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com