First Big Tank - 90 G - Advice Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made great progress today. I had the day off and put it to good use. The wall is painted. I also shot the back of the tank black. The tank plumbing is mostly done. Tomorrow I will paint the pipes that are inside the tank and hopefully get the drain line run. I'll also be running a supply line for refills.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 35
Here are some shots of the plumbing. I will be drilling an air vent in the top of the return line. When I want to drain from the tank, I'll simply plug that hole so that I won't loose siphon when it gets below that level.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks. The wall color was a compromise with my 14 year old daughter. She's very creative. I'm going to let her paint a "mural" on the wall. She wants to paint a diver and numerous fish.

Looks really great! What a fun project for you to have going with your daughter :)
Btw, I have the same Eheim canister filter and I LOVE it. Love it love it. Did I mention I love it? Lol

I've seeded the tank and am dosing up the Ammonia. I bought the Ammonia from Ace. In this pic you will see a bag of gravel from our existing tank, as well as an old filter. I've since removed the blue filter media from the filter, and placed it and the bag of gravel directly into the new Eheim filter.

Do I remove this from the filter once my cycle is complete?

IMG_0382-M.jpg

IMG_0381-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom