First Fish in Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
readings after first full 24ish hours

ph 7.8
Ammonia .25
nitrite .25
nitrate 20.00

i just put a bottle of fritzszymes live backter in the tank yesterday(tank was already cycling ammonia into nitrite and nitrite into nitrate(plants are keeping nitrate low) however with the slight increase in ammonia and nitrite should i change the water or wait awhile and allow the bateria and fritzsymes to convert it?

yes, should do another water change, I am currently doing 20-25% water changes every other day. My fish seem happy after the change. (y)

yes, should do another water change, I am currently doing 20-25% water changes every other day. My fish seem happy after the change. (y)

right on, i didnt end up doing one last night, but ill do a water change as soon as i get home tonight! lost one fish over night(day 2 in the tank) but he was a little guy(looked like a very young danio) and he was kind of off to him self alot since i put him in the tank, the other 4 are bigger and they are more active and school like, so ill change my water but im wondering if the one i lost last night was kinda just in rough shape to start with

Back
Top Bottom