First time (Sunburst platys) Need help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, I'm new here as I was googling for help I came across this site and thought it was really informative. I just got my first fish to start a new hobby. I started small and bought two cute little (sunburst patys) I just got home with them and they are still wrapped up in bag. Aquarium is already been set up since earlier today. Not sure what to do... Should I open the bag and let them breathe more while in bag and how long so I wait to put them in tank? They're alone together with no other fish. Not sure what to do and was hoping someone could help? :)

Thanks aqua team!

Unfortunately you can not add live stock to the tank right away.
You must first cycle the tank.
Also, you must have the appropriate lighting for a reef tank.

I would return the Palys right away. Read up on the nitrogen cycle, the things needed to run a reef.

Do you have any specs of your tank?

Arent those freshwater? If so I would suggest you look at the freshwater side of the forum.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, they are fresh water.. Thank you. Just wanted to know some tips on having them. First time owner here. Didn't know this was not a fresh water section... Really sorry. :(

Its ok :) welcome to aquarium advice. I just wanted you to get proper advice since salt and fresh are pretty different.

Good luck with your tank:) hope you enjoy the hobby.

Thank you! :) I'm really excited and can't wait to little by little grow into it. So many amazing fish and aquatic things to get into.

Ya and maybe in a few years time you might make the step to saltwater and reef:)

Reef sounds like something I would love to get into... To have coral and awesome fish would be amazing. And I could see a really cool rank with white sand and an LED light and live coral. Someday. Glad I'm here to get the beignets steps to get started.

Back
Top Bottom