Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarasein

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I have my 29 g tank set up and running. Doing the fish less cycle. Adding live low light plants as soon as I can find some locally. Hopefully tomorrow. Testing kit for water will be here on Wed. I read and know to wait till it is done, but I want to start planning fish.

So, if LFS told me right, it is one inch of fish per gal. So I get 29 inches of fish. I want to set up a small community of tropical fish. Like tetra and neons. I also read to get a Bristlenose Catfish to help clean up. So what else would you suggest? I was thinking several small groups of brightly colored fish.

Welcome to AA ... you'll find the members here knowledgeable and willing to help. We want your fish to thrive.

I'll bet the first thing other members will say is do not go by what your LFS / LPS says. The one inch is more like a guide, and will depend on the type of fish = biol-load, their temperament and growth rates. Remember that of the 29 Gal of Volume ... some of it are substrates, plants, ornaments etc .. so you will actually have less than 29 Gal of water volume.

Best thing to do is list out the quantity amount of fish you listed, post it so members can advise you. I do not have any of the ones you listed so I am not the one to advise on quantities.

Ok, I have been looking over the types of fish. I am looking at getting Guppy, Tetra, Corydoras, and 1 bristlenose pleco. So, how may of each can I get?

Sarasein said:
Ok, I have been looking over the types of fish. I am looking at getting Guppy, Tetra, Corydoras, and 1 bristlenose pleco. So, how may of each can I get?

In my twenty nine I have six guppies, six cories, of smaller varieties, and one bristlenose. I also have six zebra danios, which I would compare to the tetras. I'd say you'd be fine with the same numbers as me. Get another opinion on that though. Lol.

6-black white or gold skirt tetras,
6-guppies,
1-bristlenose,
6-juli peppered or bonze cories (i like juli),
1-bolivian ram (if you like cichlids).
here's a bolivian
Ram-Bolivian.gif

allaboutfish said:
6-guppies,
1-bristlenose,
here's a bolivian

I love the peppered cories. They're adorable.

6-guppies,
1-bristlenose,
here's a bolivian
Ram-Bolivian.gif
Ooh, he is cute. I will have to go look him up. I have spent most of the day googling fish. Thanks for an idea of numbers.

*giggle* Ya'll are funny. Thanks for your help. I am going to check out a LFS tomorrow. I am hoping to get my plants and decorations there, but I want to see what they have. Otherwise I will hit hear or ebay for everything. Oh and need to stop at Ace on the way home for the ammonia

Sarasein said:
*giggle* Ya'll are funny. Thanks for your help. I am going to check out a LFS tomorrow. I am hoping to get my plants and decorations there, but I want to see what they have. Otherwise I will hit hear or ebay for everything. Oh and need to stop at Ace on the way home for the ammonia

No problem. Glad to make someone laugh every once in a while. ;)

Good luck at the store.

awesome

:whistle: (shhhhh....................... dont listen to bettababe get julis) :hide:

allaboutfish said:
awesome

:whistle: (shhhhh....................... dont listen to bettababe get julis) :hide:

Watch it. Whispering doesn't work nearly as well on a forum as in real life. ;)

Well, this is gonna get us off topic. Let's not get in trouble, hmm? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom