Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tedens11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 36 gallon bow front. Have a couple tetra and a few guppies and a swordtail and some sort of catfish. Was wanting some feedback on some other types of fish I could put in there that would get along. Everyone please share your thoughts. Kinda new to this.

Has your tank been cycled? There are lots of choices depending on how you want to go but a community tank is probably best just starting out. But all that depends on your water parameters, ammonia/nitrite/nitrate concentrations, pH, etc.

It's just my personal choice but I would choose to either go down the Tetra/Raspora or the Livebearer route. Whilst all of them will acclimatise to the same water parameters I prefer to keep Tetras in softer water, just a little acidic (6.8-7.0) or live bearers at 7.0 -7.4 with a little aquarium salt added. I also think the social behaviour of the different groups don't mix easily. As I said, just personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom