Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just upgraded from a 10 to a 30. I was wondering what else I should add to help improve my community. :)

2 dwarf gouramis
3 glass catfish
1 kuhli loach

First thing is more loaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I want like 5 of them but will that make them more active? I might rehome the loach if they're heavy hiders.

Aim for 7-8 more loaches.

Probably another 3 glass cats

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glass Cats appreciate a group, same with Kuhlis.

Just watch the DGs, they may fight.

I've had these fish for a while so I don't think aggression will be an issue. It's been a year or so in the 10. It's just time to give them more space, and give them the groups they are supposed to have!

Add at least 4 more Kuhlis. They'll be stressed if kept singly.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Add at least 4 more Kuhlis. They'll be stressed if kept singly.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've noticed. Barely ever see the little guy. I'm getting him some buddies. Should I add 2 at a time to allow the take to aclimate?

So my tank won't be overstocked if I have 5 kuhlis 2 gouramis and 5 glass cats?

So my tank won't be overstocked if I have 5 kuhlis 2 gouramis and 5 glass cats?

That definitely will be overstocked especially if the loaches become more confident. Loaches love to race around the tank when they play. It may be sensory overload for the other fish.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That definitely will be overstocked especially if the loaches become more confident. Loaches love to race around the tank when they play. It may be sensory overload for the other fish.

So sensory overload not bio overload? My gouramis are not timid at all. They used to be with neons that swam around like crazy and were bright colored.

Also my Dgs stay toward the surface of the water in floating plants.

So sensory overload not bio overload? My gouramis are not timid at all. They used to be with neons that swam around like crazy and were bright colored.

Yes bio overload too. I don't know how you're kuhli loaches will behave if you get more. I have a 55 column style tank and 2 yoyo loaches and 1 angelicus botia and they get wild when they play. They bump into other fish and don't care even my Keyhole Cichlid.

Back
Top Bottom