Fish by mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ac30fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
There are no indie fish stores where I live. Mostly petsmart, petco, petland chain stores that all carry very similar fish.

Can anyone recommend reputable internet sites that ship live freshwater tropical fish appropriate for my 29gal tank? Or offer feedback on why this is not an advisable way of adding variety to my tank?

Thanks

B

Most of my fish have come in the mail from other aquarists and I've had good luck doing it this way. I haven't tried the larger store types (like liveaquaria) so I can't speak to which ones would be better. I've heard good things on other forums about this seller although I haven't purchased anything from her: Invertebrates by Msjinkzd | Specializing in invertebrates and micro fish from around the world. You could also try opening a classified ad on this site for fish you want, maybe other hobbyists have what you want that they could sell you.

I just got some off of Aquabid.com. It's like eBay so you can read feedback from people about the sellers. I'm very happy with what I got.

I've had good results with aquabid.com, but liveaquaria.com is the main online retailer for live mail order fish.

Back
Top Bottom