Fish compatibility question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WoodR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

First of let me say i'm a beginner in the aquarium scene and i did some research on the topic, but couldn't find much info on my question. I'll be starting cycling my 15gal tank in few days and while i'm waiting for that i have picked some fish i find interesting and somewhat compatible. Here's a short list of fish i would like to have (together if possible):
- Honey Gourami (this would be my center piece fish)
- Platy SHOWA TRICOLOR
- Panda Corydoras
- Red-striped Killifish or Lyretail Killi

Now my questions are:
-Can there be 2 gouramis in this tank, either same one or similar. I read they can bully each other
- can all of this fish be together?
- if so, how many of each kind and if not, which can be together and also how many
-what combination would you rather suggest? Maybe any other fish?

I really would like at least gourami and cory pandas, but any smaller fish would be nice addition, if it's recommended in this sized tank.

thank you for your answers

I'm not fond of the concept of "centerpiece" fish. Most all fish are happier and healthier in pairs or preferably groups. At least a few websites recommend a group of Honey Gouramis. Besides, 15 gallons is a bit small for all these fish. I'd skip the gourami and killifish and add a school of tetras instead.

Back
Top Bottom