Fish died:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Judge92

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my pineapple Plath died today. I'm not exactly sure why or how. All of my other fish were swimming around normally and she was at the bottom hardly moving. My initial thought was that she was pregnant. Then I noticed today that she actually died. I haven't tested the water yet but will tomorrow. As soon as I took her out of the tank the other fish were a little more active than they had been.
Did they act a little more lazy because they knew that there was a dead fish in the tank?

Sorry for your loss. The other fish may be slightly more lazy if the water parameters are off a bit. Try a water change, of course first test your parameters. As for why they became more active, it might just be that you were in the tank and they may have thought it was feeding time.

For what it's worth, your fish may have been pregnant and unable to give birth. Unfortunately I have had this experience personally.

Last edited:
They were more active AFTER I took her out of the tank. As if they knew that something was wrong and then all of a sudden everything was better again. I noticed the change immediately even when I was away from the tank.

Parameters:

PH - 7.0
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5

So everything is normal... Well that's unfortunate. That's what happens when you first start off

Yeah, it sounds like it may have been "just one of those things". Your parameters look just fine. Try again, I am sure you'll be successful the 2nd time. Let us know how it goes for you.

Back
Top Bottom