fish in cycle, cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow man, seems like you are having a time. Im in the process of trying to get my things in check as well. Good luck!!

As of last test on Sunday everything was the same, Monday I went to the LFS and they gave me a filter that was in use for a month in their system, going to test it tomorrow and see if it is making any difference.
My fish all seem really active and happy, so hopefully that is a good sign, will post the results of my water test.

ForumRunner_20130327_084637.jpg

ForumRunner_20130327_084930.jpg

ForumRunner_20130327_085053.jpg

Here are the pictures of my test from Sunday, the last pic is a comparison of Nitrates in my tank vs those In the tap.

Hav you changed your filter media since tank started? I can't explain this but I changed my first hob at 1 month and ammo went to 0 within 2 days. 3 weeks later I changed my second hob and nitrites went to 0 within 2 days. Could be coincidence but who knows. You would think changing filter media would remove a bunch of bb but all I know is what happened

Be patient most of all. The first tank I cycled fish in took 4-5 weeks to show ammo. Then saw no nitrites till around week 7, by the end of the 8th week the nitrites were gone and had 40 ppm of nitrates.
It gets frustrating just keep up with water changes use your Prime and keep on plugging at it.
It sounds like you are doing everything right altho I dont understand the really heavy dose of Prime. My water is also treated with chloromine and I only use the recommended dose of 1ml pr 10 gal. Have never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom