Fish In Filter Chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ugh! Did a water change last night, not sure how but one of my fish has found itself inside the back chamber where my pump is, ive tried everything to get the lil dude out, ive even tried making a net, so i have 2 thoughts for this thread

1. does anyone have a suggestion on how to get him out? the chamber is rather small and even removing the pump i struggle to get my hand in there, let alone get my hand in there and be able to grab something

2. if he dies before i can figure out how to get him out will the pump suck his body up and destroy my pump?

I think we need a picture to see what you are describing. Or at least what type of pump it is.

I hope it lives.

hope it lives too, im at work so ill try to find a picture of the camber im talking about, the pump is just a stock pump, ill incluce this diagram i found tho, the pump intake doesnt seem big enough to suck up the fish but i still have concerns

Attachments

• biocube_filter.jpg
    biocube_filter.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 63
What kind of fish are we talking about and how big? If it is small, depending in the size of the hose, you could try siphoning it out.

Is there a way to just dump it back int the tank?

According to the diagram, the filter is built in (eg - Fluval Spec).
Is there a way to remove the pump to create some space so that a small net or cup can be put into the chamber (for catching the fish)?

Had a crazy idea that worked, took of hood, turned off pump and let chamber fill up, and flooded the platy back over the wall : )

Platy is alive and swimming around as if nothing happened to it at all, it ate like a champ today also

Back
Top Bottom