Fish roomates :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrKichanPark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have 7 neon tetras now. but i dont know what kind of fish i should put with them. please help thank you!
:fish2:

The good news is that there are tons of fish that would be happy with your tetras!
The bad news is that that's a pretty small tank, so you will be limited on room.

small corys, danios, guppies, otos, platy, maybe a smaller apisto? I think a betta might be ok..

For 10 gallon tanks I'm a huge fan of heavy planting + shrimp + neon tetras, so that might be something to think about too, but that's just my personal opinion :)
Google some planted nano tanks and see if you like any of them or would be interested in going that route!

Well, that would change things entirely. I would recommend a few species of bottom dwellers like corys or loaches, more schooling fish like additional tetra species and perhaps an angelfish or two or another "centerpiece" fish. Your options would be HUGE!

janky said:
The good news is that there are tons of fish that would be happy with your tetras!
The bad news is that that's a pretty small tank, so you will be limited on room.

small corys, danios, guppies, otos, platy, maybe a smaller apisto? I think a betta might be ok..

For 10 gallon tanks I'm a huge fan of heavy planting + shrimp + neon tetras, so that might be something to think about too, but that's just my personal opinion :)
Google some planted nano tanks and see if you like any of them or would be interested in going that route!

Most danios need a 20 gallon minimum . 3 Pygmy Cories might work. I do agree with lynda I would only add shrimp. A 50 gallon opens much more options!

Back
Top Bottom