Fish Tank(s) in Basement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are all very encouraging words! I am cleaning it up this weekend, repainting, and soon getting some tile work done on the floor. Let me talk to an electrician and see what to do about the rewiring. I plan to use Bond-crete for the insides of the tank. I am in no rush, I will chip away at this until it's ready. Needless to say, I will be back here!

I wish I had room in my basement to do something like that from the beginning.

I’m in Ann Arbor. Where are you at?

I am in Royal Oak, hope you enjoyed the recent foot and a half of snow!

The only problem with this room is that's it's 60 yrs old and hasn't been used in over 30 years, so it is in very poor conditions!

Those are all very encouraging words! I am cleaning it up this weekend, repainting, and soon getting some tile work done on the floor. Let me talk to an electrician and see what to do about the rewiring. I plan to use Bond-crete for the insides of the tank. I am in no rush, I will chip away at this until it's ready. Needless to say, I will be back here!
I'd check into some epoxy sealer for the floor first, along with drying up any wet spots with a fan and cement mix for any cracks or holes. Don't waste your money with paint. Seal it up with a good moister lock sealer the first time and you won't have to do it again. With paint moister will leak through and the paint will start to chip off in time. A sub floor will benefit you too in the long run. But it's still gotta be sealed first. You said you are in no rush so enjoy putting some time into it. Research any DIY projects for cheaper ideas too, sometimes they come in handy. [emoji6] And for the tanks get some razor blades or scrapers. Your gonna need them. Enjoy, and have some fun. Picture it more and more as you clean it up. It will be fun for ya. I know I'd be all over it like a kid at a candy store. Garage sales are always good finds too. Just to keep in mind with projects like this when just picking away at it. Any kinda fish pond stuff you run across, things like that are a huge bonus.

I'd check into some epoxy sealer for the floor first, along with drying up any wet spots with a fan and cement mix for any cracks or holes. Don't waste your money with paint. Seal it up with a good moister lock sealer the first time and you won't have to do it again. With paint moister will leak through and the paint will start to chip off in time. A sub floor will benefit you too in the long run. But it's still gotta be sealed first. You said you are in no rush so enjoy putting some time into it. Research any DIY projects for cheaper ideas too, sometimes they come in handy. [emoji6] And for the tanks get some razor blades or scrapers. Your gonna need them. Enjoy, and have some fun. Picture it more and more as you clean it up. It will be fun for ya. I know I'd be all over it like a kid at a candy store. Garage sales are always good finds too. Just to keep in mind with projects like this when just picking away at it. Any kinda fish pond stuff you run across, things like that are a huge bonus.
By the way! I'm on the other side of Michigan, Hart, mi. Yeah! It's freaking cold. Nestle up to the wood stove every morning! Burr! Lol!

I am in Royal Oak, hope you enjoyed the recent foot and a half of snow!

The only problem with this room is that's it's 60 yrs old and hasn't been used in over 30 years, so it is in very poor conditions!

Ah, Royal Oak. Spent many nights there consuming beverages.

I didn’t mind the snow. I like winter. My son made quit a bit of many off a neighbor 2 houses over (shoveling) so I don’t think he’s complaining either.

Good luck with your project. I wish something like that was left for me as well.

Back
Top Bottom