Fishes Eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fathomed

Aquarium Advice Regular
Basically, my Danios eat all the food before any other fish can have some. How do I know my other fish aren't going to be malnutricious and what can I do to ensure they all get their vitamins and etc.

Thanks

I got 6 bloodfin tetras which I think are eating ok, my Balas and my Rainbow don't go for the food at all though

Have you tried feeding on opposite ends at the same time, before the lights come on, and/or use a baster to push food down towards the lower water column while you feed the danios?

Turkey baster type :) I do like the clear plastic ones best as they have a securer bulb-base and easy to clean.

I used to have black skirt tetras and glass cats. The tetras were way too quick for the cats so I fed them by holding the flake with two fingers and feeding them by hand when they swam around the surface.

I have a Red Tailed Shark (Similar to a Rainbow Shark) I feed them algae wafers, pea, zucchini slices, bloodworms, and tetra color sinking granuals. Basically anything that sinks to the bottom. They especially it especially likes cleaning algae off the glass and plants.

I actually have to temporarily use a divider (e.g., the one for a breeding tank) to give my bristlenose plecos toddlers access to the food (sinking wafers) by giving them an actual break from the danios. I also use the 'fake out' technique. The danios are fearless and follow my hand/liquid 'syringe' around as long as I drag it, so I feed them reaaaaally slowly to distract them. Overall, physical divider seems to work best (for 20 minutes or so).
Good luck, those danios (and I agree with above post re the neons as well) will never starve!

I have three Zebra Danios and let me tell you, they are good hogs! But I mainly feed them the flake food, and I use sinking food for the rest. My poor Platys didn't eat for days because I didn't notice the problem! But now I think everyone is better about sharing. LOL!

my tiger barbs are the same way i feed them in the same spot every time so that they are "trained" to go there during feeding time and while they are eating i drop in some sinking pellets or wafers for the rest of the fish.

Racheal be careful with that clawed frog i have 5 in a seperate tank 55 gallon they will eat anything that fits inthere mouth mine are now around 7.f inches long

Back
Top Bottom