fishless cycle 14th day..whats going on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
i started my fishless cycle on july 15..now its july 29th 14 days..my water got cloudy on the next day and hasnt cleared up and my ammonoia is still at around 4-5ppm..is my cycle stalled...40g breeder...no seeded media..aquaclear 70 & aquaclear 30..temp is at (84-86f)

Have you tested your PH? If it drops below I think its 6 it will stall the cycle

What test kit are you using? Is it possible you overdosed ammonia which can stall things? Did you remember to add dechlorinator to the water before you filled? If so what kind are you using? I'd suggest at least a 50% water change, wait an hour and then test the tank for ammonia again and note what it is (if you didn't overdose it should be around 2) and then let it sit (don't redose) and let's see what happens.

What test kit are you using? Is it possible you overdosed ammonia which can stall things? Did you remember to add dechlorinator to the water before you filled? If so what kind are you using? I'd suggest at least a 50% water change, wait an hour and then test the tank for ammonia again and note what it is (if you didn't overdose it should be around 2) and then let it sit (don't redose) and let's see what happens.

im using Api master test kit(liquid)..i used prime...here are my reading for ammonia..its about 4.0ppm

Attachments

• test 2.jpg
    test 2.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom