fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YQUEFUE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need some help on my fish less cycle ok my question i'm runing a125 gallon already have nitrite of he chart and nitrate very high went adding ammonia them in less than 12 hours ammonia goes down to zero nitrite still of the chart and nitrate goes down also to 5ppm or less what us i'm doing wrong please help.forgot also put some pure pond ball on my canister.

Last edited:
I don't see why people add ammonia. It just makes things so complicated. Just leave the tank for 4 or 5 weeks that's what I did with all 4 of my tanks and they all cycled faultlessly.

You left your tank alone with nothing in it and didn't do anything for 4 weeks and it cycled by itself?

Well I had water, gravel, filter and a heater but yes the tank did cycle on its own. Is this odd?

Ok guys I can said I have experience, I cycle over 7 tanks already by adding ammonia with no problems this is the only time I use PURE POND BALLS for bacteria faster cycle I had nitrite reading in 3 days.which in a regulars cycle it takes like 3 weeks but a never experience this readings so yes I'm confuse thank you

It sounds like you're adding too much ammonia too often. I did that too. Try doing a water change and then do just 2ppm ammonia. It's possible you're actually finished. At least very nearly so.

The article on this site about fishless cycling has good instructions for the end phase. I'd bet you have a full colony of bacteria you're just giving them too much ammonia. It may cycle 2ppm perfectly in 24 hours.

Mine, once it did 3 ppm in 24 hours, I changed water and then stocked 40% in one day. A few days later now I see zero ammonia or nitrite and a little nitrate.

Tomtom14 I'm willing to bet it didn't cycle it just never got ammonia so it couldn't cycle and make any NitrItes, etc

Back
Top Bottom