Fishless cycle 5g planted betta tank- when to add fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shellylane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I'm new here and needed some advice because this is my fist time having a aquarium. I did the fishless cycle for my 5 gallon planted tank based off of eco23 "the almost complete guide and FAQS to fishless cycling."
My tank is now cycled, i did the 90% water change and my readings are now:
HR ph: 8.4
NA: 10
NI:0
A:0
Temp: 79F
My PH is always high but I'm going to introduce driftwood into the tank to lower it when it's delivered.

My question is when can I add my betta?
Do I need to wait 24 hours or can I introduce him into the tank right away?

I just went ahead and added him this morning. He so so happy and swimming around all over defending his area from his reflection, he did this for two days when I put him into the other tank so I'm not worried. I'll post a picture once I get him all set up with his drift wood.

I wish I saw this yesterday so that I could reply with "Yes, you can!"
Good job with the prep work and patience. We look forward to the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol. Bettas are funny fish. I've currently got 3. If I put a mirror up next to the tank, or their "exercise" mirror in the tank they look at it, flare once and then ignore it. If I drop a divider in then put one of the others in the tank on the other side they go bonkers.

Congrats on the setup. Looking forward to pics and thank you for not going with just a 1 gal tank for them.

Back
Top Bottom