Fishless Cycle (ammonia & ppm)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your going to need a test kit it's pretty unanimous here the API master text kit is the way to go it'll test your ammo as well as your other important levels ph,nitrites and nitrates

Your going to need a test kit it's pretty unanimous here the API master text kit is the way to go it'll test your ammo as well as your other important levels ph,nitrites and nitrates

Sorry Hbbambislayer, I should have been more clear, I meant how do I measure the ammo I'm going to put in the tank?

I got ya now, youll still want a good test kit though. I went to rite aid drug store and got a syringe and dropper 2 pack it was 3 bucks they measure in milliliters work great I use the syringe for adding liquid to the tank and the dropper to take waste out to put into test vials so I don't put my hands in tank. Also 1 teaspoon is equal to 5 milliliters

ForumRunner_20130527_180831.jpg

I and most will recommend the Fishless Cycle I just finished mine on a 55, the rule is 4ppm ammo dose that may be much for a 10 I'd recommend 2ppm but dont unless domeone else agrees with that. I start by adding 1 maybe 2 milliliters of ammo wsit half hour test see what you get you can always add more to get the dose to the ppm thst you want harder to take it back out

I got ya now, youll still want a good test kit though. I went to rite aid drug store and got a syringe and dropper 2 pack it was 3 bucks they measure in milliliters work great I use the syringe for adding liquid to the tank and the dropper to take waste out to put into test vials so I don't put my hands in tank. Also 1 teaspoon is equal to 5 milliliters

View attachment 176455

I and most will recommend the Fishless Cycle I just finished mine on a 55, the rule is 4ppm ammo dose that may be much for a 10 I'd recommend 2ppm but dont unless domeone else agrees with that. I start by adding 1 maybe 2 milliliters of ammo wsit half hour test see what you get you can always add more to get the dose to the ppm thst you want harder to take it back out

So, I'm guessing 1 milliliter per 1 ppm?

For me it was 2.25ml for 1ppm but that was my tank it may be different with yours

I and most will recommend the Fishless Cycle I just finished mine on a 55, the rule is 4ppm ammo dose that may be much for a 10 I'd recommend 2ppm but dont unless domeone else agrees with that.

ppm means Parts per Million, which is a ratio. So while it would take less ammonia to reach 4ppm in a 10gallon tank than it would a 50gallon tank, the ratio is the same.

Back
Top Bottom