Fishless cycle-Confused on sky high nitrites with nitrates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You on the right track another tip set a specific time each day to test and dose so it has a full 24hours to do its thing.

So now just dose your ammonia to 1.0 ppm wait 24 hrs test and if your ammo is almost zero but you still have nitrites dose again you want to keep doing this until either your nitrites are above 5 and do a water change or until all of a sudden ammo is 0 and nitrites are 0 then do a water change to bring nitrates down then we will go from there

You on the right track another tip set a specific time each day to test and dose so it has a full 24hours to do its thing.

So now just dose your ammonia to 1.0 ppm wait 24 hrs test and if your ammo is almost zero but you still have nitrites dose again you want to keep doing this until either your nitrites are above 5 and do a water change or until all of a sudden ammo is 0 and nitrites are 0 then do a water change to bring nitrates down then we will go from there

Ok- good to know I'm on the correct track :) ok so how much water should I change if nitrites are over 5?

Thanks!

75% and only if goes past 5 without coming back down i was lucky and only had to do 2 waterchanges on my fishless cycle on my 10 gallon setup but i did add stuff to it from my other tank is this your only tank?

Cycle Completed :)

Hi all ! Sorry it's taken me so long to tell you , but my tank finished its cycle on Friday/Saturday just been :) on the Sunday I went to get 4 guppies and they are thriving ! So glad I didn't do fish-in cycle !! After doing that water change the nitrites can down and stayed down and tested the levels again today just to check all is running well and I have ;
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
(About) 20-30 nitrate :)

Thanks for all your help and support !

Amy :)

Its also always a good idea once its done cycling to dose ammonia one last time to see if ammo and no2 turns into no3 within 24hrs just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom