Fishless Cycle FINISHED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitbull

Aquarium Advice Regular
heyy just thought i would say that my fishless cycle finished yesterday and im mega chuffed! haha, im going to do my water change today then on sunday im getting my betta fish :) Which gender would you choose? Make OR Female betta ? thankksssss :) :fish2: :ROFLMAO:

What's your tank size, and do you want to keep other fish with it?

Males are much prettier but you can only have one but if you get a female you need like 5 to keep aggression down. I would choose a male.

pitbull said:
heyy just thought i would say that my fishless cycle finished yesterday and im mega chuffed! haha, im going to do my water change today then on sunday im getting my betta fish :) Which gender would you choose? Make OR Female betta ? thankksssss :) :fish2: :ROFLMAO:

What size tank is it?

I love how pretty the males are, but females have their own beauty.

Also, depending on the size of the tank, sororities can be very tricky. They can be very calm and then one day just have a fish killing spree. That's why I decided I wasn't up for a Betta sorority.

pitbull said:
My tank size is 10 gallon and i think i might get some other fish im not sure yet :/

You posted when I was typing.

I'd get either one male or one female, and then maybe some other fish that are good in a ten gallon.

I'm not sure what to say for stocking suggestions, but you can let others answer that part. (And just choose your own and ask here. Lol)

Rosenweiss said:
I say get a male. =] A pretty one, like a crowntail.

Ooh, yes. Crowntails are pretty, but can be a little more spunky. Which can lead to problems with tankmates. I love the halfmoon bettas. They're absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for all your replies :) very helpfull im going to see what ones they have at the fish store im thinking of getting 5 neons to go with a betta what you think?

I would say go with a minimum of 6 neons if that is what you choose. They do best in groups of 6+, with 8 being preferred minimum. I have 9 glowlight tetras and 1 dwarf gourami in a 10g. Everybody is happy and healthy.

pitbull said:
Thanks for all your replies :) very helpfull im going to see what ones they have at the fish store im thinking of getting 5 neons to go with a betta what you think?

I'd get six, so they have a proper school. And if it were me, I'd put them in first, and the Betta last. That way the Betta doesn't already have a territory claimed.

Also, if you put the Betta in first, change around the decor so it has to remake a territory.

pitbull said:
Okay thanks for all the use advice. On sunday im just going to look and then i will decide haha! :)

Keep to that vow! No impulse buys! And I agree with the picture statement. ;)

Back
Top Bottom