Fishless cycle problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's another picture. You can see the growth in the corners of the tank. There are also what seem like little white dots in the thickest parts of the growth.

Attachments

• SAM_0524.jpg
    SAM_0524.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 46
I am not an algae expert. If you run your finger on it is it kinda slimy and wipes off easily with a paper towel? Or is more of hairy, brushy type algae that does not come off easily? I'm looking at the pics on my cell and the resolution is not great (neither is my vision...) so I'm trying to get an idea of what it may be. First guess is diatoms.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it a split picture? What's the piece of wood? What corner? Sorry my eyes need more direction

Here Dino, is this better?

ForumRunner_20130405_233221.jpg

You were looking at a sideways image of the corner on the ?left/back side? of the tank (I'm guessing) the split image you were seeing was just the angle of the picture, it was the background reflecting on the side glass. Judging by the picture I'm guessing diatoms as well.

Wow you guys are awesome! Really!

I assumed it was diatoms, but it is only in the corners, not everywhere in the tank.

About the texture, i wiped it with a paper towel a few times and it feels slimy, but takes 2 or 3 wipes to take it all off. Maybe because its hard to reach in the corner? Im not sure whether its just me or if it really doesnt come off easily.

Back
Top Bottom