Fishless cycle with 40 breeder!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I started my fishless cycle today! Two very nice people on AA are sending me seeded filter media, so hopefully my cycle gets a kick in the *** early next week! On top of that my driftwood came in and its soaking in the bathtub...This week has been very exciting!

Yay! This is very exciting! Take lots of pictures!! So are you doing gravel or sand? Planted? What type of fish? Yes I'm nosy but curious too;)

Yay! This is very exciting! Take lots of pictures!! So are you doing gravel or sand? Planted? What type of fish? Yes I'm nosy but curious too;)

I did Eco-Complete and I'm doing a heavily planted tank with pressurized Co2. As far as the fish I know I want to have some dwarf gouramis, badis badis, dollar sun fish (1 or 2), bolivian rams, and german rams (yellow and blue)?. IDK if I can have all those, but those are what I'm looking at right now. I will take some pictures in the morning. I hope this cycle goes quick!

I'm not sure about the stocking, let's wait:). I cannot wait to see the tank planted! I be it'll look amazing!! The cycled won't take too long I bet!

FishN00b83 said:
I did Eco-Complete and I'm doing a heavily planted tank with pressurized Co2. As far as the fish I know I want to have some dwarf gouramis, badis badis, dollar sun fish (1 or 2), bolivian rams, and german rams (yellow and blue)?. IDK if I can have all those, but those are what I'm looking at right now. I will take some pictures in the morning. I hope this cycle goes quick!

Choose just one type of ram, either GBRs or Bolivians. DGs are fine in there. Sunfish are coldwater and need different temperature requirements from your other fish.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Choose just one type of ram, either GBRs or Bolivians. DGs are fine in there. Sunfish are coldwater and need different temperature requirements from your other fish.

Petfish.net has some information on them. The site says they can be kept in waters up to 80 degrees, and they'll start spawning at 74 or 75 I believe.

Soaking the driftwood after 2 hot water baths in the bath tub.

Attachments

• image-398371339.jpg
    image-398371339.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1604052310.jpg
    image-1604052310.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 73
Ive decided on the GBRs over the bolivians. Can I have 2 blue and 2 yellow, or should I just have a pair of one?

Back
Top Bottom