Fishless cycling done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsstace

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I recently posted saying that my results show:

(after 24hrs)
Ammo: 0 ppm
NO2: 5.0 ppm
NO3: 80 ppm

It has been staying on these results for more than a week.

I done 50% PWC x2, and brought my NO2 back to 0.25. and dosed the ammo to 1.0-2.0 ppm. After 24hrs results show:

Ammo: 0 ppm
NO2: 0 ppm
NO3: 80+ ppm

Does this mean my tank is fully cycled?

Many thanks

Looks like it :). I'd personally test the bio-filter one or two more times and make sure it can drop 2-3ppm down to 0 with 0 no2 in 24 hrs. If it does, just do a big pwc to get nitrAtes below 20 and add fish! Congrats.

eco23 said:
Looks like it :). I'd personally test the bio-filter one or two more times and make sure it can drop 2-3ppm down to 0 with 0 no2 in 24 hrs. If it does, just do a big pwc to get nitrAtes below 20 and add fish! Congrats.

That's good news :). Thanks for your advice. I'm going to keep 1-2ppm ammo for another day or two. Then try raising it to 2-3 for a few days before adding fish, providing testing shows good results.

Congratulations! I agree with what Eco said.

How long did it take your fishless tank to cycle and did you start with any seeded material?

Congratulations! I agree with what Eco said.

How long did it take your fishless tank to cycle and did you start with any seeded material?

Thanks,

Ive been reading about your cycling issue too, hope this gives you possitive thoughts.

I started my cycling 13th April, with filter media (which was in a newly cycled tank) therefore not sure whether helped or not. I didn't start seeing any nitrItes until around 5-6weeks:eek:!! Just hope its finally cycled:).

Back
Top Bottom