fishless cycling,help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommytrout

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,Guy's new to this,so hope I'm doing it right! can anyone tell me if it would be allright to add a filter sponge out of my Koi carp pond filter to help with the seeding of my new Aquarium,the pond water tested good on all counts,but dont know if the bacteria would would be fine to kickstart my new filter,or should I just start from fresh?..all answers appreciated thanks.:ermm:

Welcome to the forum!

Seeded filter media is always a plus when you're starting up a new tank. It would give you a great headstart. (y)

Welcome to the forum!

Seeded filter media is always a plus when you're starting up a new tank. It would give you a great headstart. (y)

Thanks, wasn't sure if cold water pond sponge bacteria would be the same as warm water bacteria, or are they all the same?.,Thanks I'll put one of my sponges in to my new filter,should help a lot..:fish1:

As long as your koi pond is healthy, i would definitely use the filter media to cycle your new tank! If there is any risk of disease however, i would not use it because you will be introducing all kinds nastiness into your new tank.

Back
Top Bottom